Summary of Content for Yamaha DTX10K-X Drum Kit Assembly Manual PDF
Thank you for purchasing the Yamaha ELECTRONIC DRUM KIT DTX10K-X or DTX10K-M. This electronic drum kit can be used in your home or a studio, or onstage for live perfor- mances. For proper assembly and safe use, read this assembly manual carefully before using it. After you have read the manual, keep it in a safe and handy place for future reference. This manual describes the standard assembly procedure for the DTX10K-X/DTX10K-M electronic drum kits. It covers assembly, wiring and setting up the drum trigger module of the kit. The illustrations show the DTX10K-X electronic drum kit, but the information applies to the DTX10K-M (except where indicated).
ELECTRONIC DRUM KIT
DTX10K-X DTX10K-M Assembly Manual EN
This manual describes the process of assembling a pad set and drum trigger module to an already assembled RS10-HXR Electronic Drum Rack. Before starting the steps below, therefore, be sure to assemble your RS10-HXR as described in the Owners Manual that came with it.
Lay a drum mat (sold separately) on the floor underneath the hi-hat stand and the kick pad. Alternatively, you can place cardboard from the drum kit packaging or the like on the floor to prevent it from being scratched.
Example of standard assembly
DTX-PROX Drum trigger module
Real hi-hat pad
Electronic drum rack
Manual Development Group 2020 Yamaha Corporation
Published 08/2020 POMA*.*- **A0
The purpose of the precautions detailed below is to ensure that this electronic drum kit can be used safely without fear of injury or property damage. Precautions are extremely important in terms of ensuring safety, and therefore, they should be fully observed.
* After reading this Assembly Manual, ensure that it is kept in a safe, convenient location for future reference.
* Be sure to also read the Assembly Manuals and/or Owners Manuals that came with your pads and rack.
* The illustrations as shown in this manual are for instructional purposes only, and may appear somewhat dif- ferent from those on your product.
* The company names and product names in this manual are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
* The contents of this manual apply to the latest specifications as of the publishing date. To obtain the latest manual, access the Yamaha website then download the manual file. Since specifications, equipment or sep- arately sold accessories may not be the same in every locale, please check with your Yamaha dealer.
NOTICE: Usage Precautions
When connecting and disconnecting cables, be sure to hold the plug and not the cable itself. In addition, avoid placing heavy items on top of cables and do not allow them to touch sharp edges. Failure to avoid these precautions can lead to cable breakage and disconnection.
Do not climb onto the electronic drum kit and avoid placing heavy objects on it. Failure to observe this pre- caution can result in malfunction.
Do not use or keep the product in places with extremely high temperature (places in direct sunlight, close to a heater, in a closed car, etc.) or high humidity (bathroom, outside on a rainy day, etc.). Doing so can result in deformation, discoloration, damage or deterioration.
When cleaning the product, use a soft and dry/slightly damp cloth. Do not use paint thinners, solvents, alco- hol, cleaning fluids, or chemical-impregnated wiping cloths.
PRECAUTIONS Please read carefully before proceeding
Failure to observe the precautions described below can result in injury and/or property damage.
Assemble this product in the proper sequence by following the assembly instructions in this man- ual. Also, make sure to tighten the bolts regularly. Failure to do so might result in damage to the product or even injury.
Do not let small children assemble or set up this product by themselves, or they can be injured. Always assemble this product with adult supervision.
Be careful with the edges of the cymbal holders and the tom holders. The sharp holder ends can result in injury.
The stoppers at the tip of the legs, anti-slip stoppers on kick pads and on foot pedals have sharp tips. In order to avoid injury, therefore, you should take special care whenever handling these com- ponents.
Be sure to securely tighten bolts and other fasteners when setting up this product. In addition, be sure to proceed slowly when loosening bolts. If this precaution is not observed, pads can fall off or the rack can collapse or fall over, possibly causing injury.
Do not place the product in an unstable position where it might accidentally fall over.
Whenever setting up this electronic drum kit, ensure that cables and the like are arranged safely. If someone were to trip on a cable, the kit could topple over and cause injury.
Do not alter the product. Doing so can result in injury or damage/deterioration to the product.
CAUTION Failure to observe the precautions described below can result in injury and/or property damage.
Do not sit or step on the rack. The rack can overturn or be damaged, resulting in injury.
Be careful with your fingers and hands when adjusting clamps, to prevent them from becoming pinched and injured.
Be careful around pipe ends and inside. Metal shavings, etc. can injure your fingers and hands.
Do not place hands or feet under a hi-hat stand, kick pad or foot pedal. Doing so could result in injury.
Keep small parts out of the reach of infants. Your children may accidentally swallow them.
Do not go near the product during an earthquake. Strong shaking during an earthquake could cause the product to move or tip over, resulting in damage to the product or its parts, and possibly causing injury.
When transporting or moving the product, always use two or more people. Attempting to lift the product by yourself may damage your back, result in other injury, or cause damage to the product itself.
Open the boxes to reveal their contents. After opening up the packages containing your electronic drum kit, verify that all of the following components are present.
Assemble the RS10-HXR Electronic Drum Rack. For instructions on how to assemble the RS10-HXR Electronic Drum Rack, refer to the Owners Manual that came with it.
Assemble the pads and the drum trigger module to the electronic drum rack.
1 Components of both DTX10K-X and DTX10K-M
PCY135 Cymbal Pad (1)
PCY155 Cymbal Pad (1)
RHH135 Real Hi-hat Pad (1)
Stand base for RHH135 (1)
RS10-HXR Electronic Drum Rack (1) RS10-HXR Owners Manual (1) Drum key (1)
HS740A Hi-hat Stand (1)
KP128 Kick Pad (1)
Ten-channel snake cable (1)
Stopper for Cymbal Pad (3)
Cable band (9)
Cable band for RHH135 (1)
DTX10K-X DTX10K-M Assembly Manual (this leaflet; 1)
PCY100 PCY135 PCY155 PCY175 Owners Manual (1)
RHH135 Owners Manual (1) KP128 Owners Manual (1)
DTX-PROX Drum Trigger Module (1)
AC adaptor (1) * May not be included depending on your particular area.
Check with your Yamaha dealer.
DTX-PROX Owners Manual (1) Cubase AI Download information (1)
Module holder (1)
Module holder screw (4)
XP125SD-X Snare Pad (1)
Hi-hat clutch for RHH135 (1)
Drum key (1)
Anti-slip stopper for KP128 (incl. spring) (2)
DTX10K-X only DTX10K-M only
XP125SD-M Snare Pad (1)
XP105T-M Tom Pad (2)
SS662 Snare Stand (1)
CH755 Cymbal Holder (3)
Tom Holder (3) XP105T-X Tom Pad (2)
XP105T-X XP105T-M XP125T-X XP125T-M XP125SD-X XP125SD-M Owners Manual (1)
PCY175 Cymbal Pad (1)
Spare patch for KP128 (2)
XP125T-M Tom Pad (1)
XP125T-X Tom Pad (1)
1. Assemble the cymbal holders (CH755 3) on the electronic drum rack as shown below, and then tighten the fixing bolt to secure the holder in place.
NOTE You can change the position of a position clamp to mark the settings for future setups and to prevent unintentional changes during musical performances. Make sure to secure the position clamp using the drum key after moving the clamp.
CH755 CH755 CH755
Assembling the cymbal holders
1. Assemble the tom holders (3) on the electronic drum rack as shown above, and then tighten the fixing bolt to secure the holder in place.
2. Push the tom pads onto the tom holders rods. Leave a gap of about a half inch between the base of the tom holder and the tom pad, and then tighten the wing bolt to secure the pad in place.
3. Loosen wing bolts A to B and fixing bolts C to D as shown be- low to adjust the height and angle of any of the pads. When correctly positioned, be sure to securely retighten the bolts before proceeding to the next step.
Before every playing, tighten the drum key bolts so that there is no rattling and loosening of the head, in order to prevent malfunction. Refer to the Head tension adjustment in the XP105T-X XP105T- M XP125T-X XP125T-M XP125SD-X XP125SD-M Owners Manual.
Wing boltTom pad
Rod section Leave a gap
Fixing bolt C
Wing bolt A
Wing bolt B
Fixing bolt D
Assembling the tom pads
Continued on other side
Your electronic drum kit is now ready. * For instructions on turning on the drum trigger module, producing sounds, and other subsequent steps, refer to the Owners Manual that came with the module.
1. If a drum mat (sold separately) is not available, lay a sheet of cardboard on the floor to prevent it from being scratched.
2. Loosen the hi-hat stands wing bolt a.
3. Open up the three legs as shown below and then retighten the wing bolt a to lock them in place.
4. Insert the footboard stabilizer rods into the frame holes as shown below.
5. Loosen the hi-hat clutchs wing bolt b and remove the hi-hat clutch. * The hi-hat clutch is not required when assembling the elec-
tronic drum kit in the standard fashion described in this manual. Instead, the hi-hat clutch that came with the RHH135 Real Hi-hat Pad will be used.
6. Remove the hi-hat shaft from the upper tube .
7. Insert the hi-hat shaft removed in Step 6 as far as it will go into the lower tube and screw in the tip.
8. Insert the upper tube over the hi-hat shaft and tighten the wing bolt c to secure it in place with the cymbal support approximately half way between the top of the lower tube and the top of the hi-hat shaft .
9. Remove the felt washer attached above the cymbal support. * Do not remove the Metal washer. * The felt washer is not used when assembling the electronic
drum kit in the standard fashion described in this manual. If you leave it on, you will not be able to get the proper play- ing feeling, so be sure to remove it.
10. Assemble the RHH135 Real Hi-hat Pad. * For detailed instructions, refer to the Setting Up in the
RHH135 Owners Manual.
Footboard stabilizer rod
Wing bolt a
Footboard stabilizer rod
Assembling the hi-hat stand
Drum trigger module 1. Secure the module holder to the bottom of the drum trigger
module using the module holder screws.
2. Push the module holder into the holder clamp and tighten the fixing bolt to secure it in place.
Cymbal pads 1. Using the drum key, loosen
the stoppers key bolt.
2. Remove the wing nut, the two felt pads, and the bolt cover from the cymbal holder.
3. Place the stopper on the cymbal holder. * If the key bolt was not sufficiently loosened in Step 1
above, the cymbal holder may not pass through the hole of the stopper. In such a case, loosen the key bolt as much as possible without removing it.
4. Replace the bolt cover. * Turn the bolt cover to tighten it
onto the threaded section and firmly secure it in place.
5. With the stopper making full contact with the bottom surface of the bolt cover as shown below, tighten the stoppers key bolt using the drum key.
6. Place one of the felt pads removed in Step 2 on the cymbal holder.
7. Mount the pad on the cymbal stand. Lower the pad into place with the cymbal holders shaft passing through the central hole. When mounted, the stoppers pin should rest inside the pads smaller hole. * Playing your pad unit without the stoppers pin positioned
fully inside the smaller hole could cause slip out of the hole. It is very important, therefore, to ensure that the stop- per is secured as shown in Step 5 above.
8. Assemble the other felt pad removed in Step 2 to the cymbal holder.
9. Tighten the wing nut to secure the pad to the cymbal holder.
PCY135 cymbal pad
Drum trigger module
PCY175 cymbal pad
PCY155 cymbal pad
Module holder screw (4)
Drum trigger module (rear side)
Drum trigger module +
Insert Holder clamp
Cymbal padFelt pad removed in Step 2
Felt pad removed in
Wing nut Stoppers pin
Assembling the drum trigger module and cymbal pads
1. If a drum mat (sold separately) is not available, lay a sheet of cardboard on the floor to prevent it from being scratched.
2. Assemble the left and right leg to the main unit. As shown below, with the bolt facing you, align the notch on the leg with the notch on the mounting, put the washer into the wing bolt, and then secure the leg to the KP128 main unit.
NOTE For details on assembling the foot pedal (sold separately), refer to the Assembling the KP128 in the KP128 Owners Man- ual.
Before every playing, tighten the drum key bolts so that there is no rattling and loos- ening of the head, in order to prevent malfunction. Refer to the Head tension adjust- ment in the KP128 Owners Manual.
Assembling the kick pad
1. Open up the snare stands legs and stand it up on the floor.
2. Open up the snare stands basket section, lay the Snare Pad on it, adjust the basket, and then tighten the adjusting knob to secure the pad and prevent it from moving.
Before every playing, tighten the drum key bolts so that there is no rattling and loosening of the head, in order to prevent mal- function. Refer to the Head ten- sion adjustment in the XP105T- X XP105T-M XP125T-X XP125T-M XP125SD-X XP125SD-M Owners Manual.
Assembling the Snare Stand and Snare Pad
Arrange the hi-hat stand, the kick pad, and the snare stand as shown in Example of standard assembly on the other side of this sheet. Lay a drum mat (sold separately) on the floor underneath the hi-hat stand and the kick pad. Alternatively, you can place cardboard from the drum kit packaging or the like
on the floor to prevent it from being scratched.
Ensure that you do not lower the electronic drum racks center strut too much as doing so may cause it to come into contact with the kick pad.
Connect the pads to the drum trigger module. As described below, connect the output of each pad to the corresponding trigger input jack on the drum trigger module.
Connect the drum trigger module to a power supply.
Setting up the drum trigger module.
RIDE TOM3 CRASH2TOM2TOM1 KICKSNARE CRASHHH CON HI HAT
KICK HH CON HI HAT CRASH2 CRASH RIDE TOM3 TOM2 TOM1 SNARE
HI HAT HH CON
4. Using the cable bands, secure the cables to the electronic drum rack at the positions circled in the figure on the right. ( )
If you secure the cable band from the side closer to the drum trigger module, you can make connections more easily.
Trigger input jacks on the drum module
Ten-channel snake cable
1. Plug the straight ends of the ten-channel snake cable into the trigger input jacks on the back of the drum trigger module.
When using the standard setup, the stickers on each of the snake cables plugs will indicate the name of the corresponding pad.
2. Plug the L-shaped ends of the ten-channel snake cable into the corresponding pads.
3. Wrap the cables for the snare pad, the tom pads, the cymbal pads and the hi-hat pad around the cable clips to prevent them from being pulled out.
Excessive bending can damage pad cables. Ensure, therefore, that these cables are not bent at an extreme angle when wrapped around the clips.NOTICE
6 1. Plug the AC adaptors DC cord into the connector. Hook the AC
adaptors DC cord around the cord clip to secure it in place.
CAUTION Excessive bending can damage AC adaptors DC cord. Ensure, there- fore, that the cord is not bent at an extreme angle when wrapped around the clips. Doing so can cause fire or electrical shock.
2. Plug the adaptors AC cord into a domestic wall socket.
7 According to your particular electronic drum kit, select the DTX10K-X or the DTX10K-M trigger setup on your drum trigger module. (For details on the trigger setup procedure, refer to the Initial Settings (Trigger Setup Wizard) in the DTX-PROX Owners Manual.)
The letters at the end of the model name (X or M) indicates the pad type. X represents TCS products and M represents mesh products. Selecting the wrong trigger setup will ad- versely affect your ability to perform comfortably, since sensing when the drum is hit differs depending on the pad type. Use the correct trigger setup that corresponds to your particular electronic drum kit for optimum performance.
Kick pad output (LEVEL) adjustment: Adjust the trigger output to your desired setting by using the KP128 kick pads level adjustment knob. For details, refer to the Adjusting the Output Level in the KP128 Owners Manual.
You can play comfortably by striking near the YAMAHA logo. Adjust the height, angle and ori- entation of the cymbal pad and hi-hat pad to a position where you can hit around the YAMAHA logo naturally when performing. The correct setting position is that the YAMAHA logo of the cymbal pad and hi-hat pad are visible in front of the performer. The direction of the cymbal pad will be appropriate by adjusting the direction of the stopper as shown on the right. The direction of the hi-hat pad will also be appropriate by adjusting the direction of the hi-hat clutch.
The hi-hat shaft will become loose while you continue to use the hi-hat, and the hi-hat pad may rotate. Since this may adversely affect performance, screw in the hi-hat shaft periodically and adjust the position of the hi-hat pad.
IMPORTANT Stoppers pin
If you want to find out how the DTX10K-X Yamaha works, you can view and download the Yamaha DTX10K-X Drum Kit Assembly Manual on the Manualsnet website.
Yes, we have the Assembly Manual for Yamaha DTX10K-X as well as other Yamaha manuals. All you need to do is to use our search bar and find the user manual that you are looking for.
The Assembly Manual should include all the details that are needed to use a Yamaha DTX10K-X. Full manuals and user guide PDFs can be downloaded from Manualsnet.com.
The best way to navigate the Yamaha DTX10K-X Drum Kit Assembly Manual is by checking the Table of Contents at the top of the page where available. This allows you to navigate a manual by jumping to the section you are looking for.
This Yamaha DTX10K-X Drum Kit Assembly Manual consists of sections like Table of Contents, to name a few. For easier navigation, use the Table of Contents in the upper left corner.
You can download Yamaha DTX10K-X Drum Kit Assembly Manual free of charge simply by clicking the “download” button in the upper right corner of any manuals page. This feature allows you to download any manual in a couple of seconds and is generally in PDF format. You can also save a manual for later by adding it to your saved documents in the user profile.
To be able to print Yamaha DTX10K-X Drum Kit Assembly Manual, simply download the document to your computer. Once downloaded, open the PDF file and print the Yamaha DTX10K-X Drum Kit Assembly Manual as you would any other document. This can usually be achieved by clicking on “File” and then “Print” from the menu bar.