Summary of Content for Toro RT600 25428 Alarm Kit Installation Instructions PDF
Form No. 3394-793 Rev A Back-Up Alarm Kit RT600 Trencher Model No. 25428 Model No. 25428E
Proposition 65 Warning This product contains a chemical or chemicals known to the State of California to
cause cancer, birth defects, or reproductive harm.
Note: Determine the left and right sides of the machine from the normal operating position.
Installation Loose Parts Use the chart below to verify that all parts have been shipped.
Procedure Description Qty. Use
1 No parts required Prepare the machine.
Wiring harness 1 Screw (#10 x 1 inch) 1 Washer 1 Relay 1
2 Locknut (#10) 1
Install the wiring harness.
Mount plate 1 Linkage plate 1 Proximity Switch 2 Bolt (3/8 x 1-1/4 inches) 2 Flange nut (3/8 inch) 2
3 Sensor bracket 1
Install the proximity switch.
Back-up alarm 1 Nut (M6) 2 Locknut (M8) 1 Alarm bracket 1 Bolt (M6) 2
4 Bolt (M8) 1
Install the alarm.
Clamp 25 Cable tie 6 Route the wiring harness.
6 No parts required Check the alarm.
2015The Toro Company 8111 Lyndale Avenue South Bloomington, MN 55420
Register at www.Toro.com. Original Instructions (EN) Printed in the USA All Rights Reserved *3394-793* A
1 Preparing the Machine
No Parts Required
Procedure 1. Move the machine to a level surface.
2. Set the parking brake and lower the attachments to the ground.
3. Shut off the machine and remove the key.
CAUTION If you leave the key in the ignition switch, someone could accidently start the engine and seriously injure you or other bystanders.
Remove the key from the ignition switch before you do any maintenance.
4. Remove the right side panel of the machine. Refer to your Operators Manual.
5. Disconnect the battery by turning off the master disconnect switch. Refer to your Operators Manual.
2 Installing the Wiring Harness
Parts needed for this procedure: 1 Wiring harness
1 Screw (#10 x 1 inch)
1 Locknut (#10)
Installing the Relay 1. Remove the 4 bolts that secure the kick panel to the
frame and the kick panel (Figure 1).
1. Kick panel
2. Install the relay, wiring harness, washer, screw (#10 x 1 inch), and locknut (#10) to the hole in the console in front of the traction control pedal (Figure 2).
1. Screw (#10 x 1 inch) 4. Relay 2. Washer 5. Locknut (#10) 3. Wiring harness
Attaching the Wiring Harness to the Engine 1. Remove the right side panel and the nose panel. Refer
to your Operators Manual.
2. Route the wiring harness through the hole shown in Figure 3.
1. Relay 3. Route through this hole. 2. Wiring harness
3. Behind the battery-disconnect switch on the right side of the machine, remove one insulator lug from the positive terminal (Figure 4).
1. Insulator lug 3. Positive terminal 2. Ring terminal 4. Battery-disconnect switch
4. Install the ring terminal of the red wire and the insulator lug (Figure 4).
5. Remove the nut attached to the engine-ground post and use it to attach the ring terminal of the black wire to the engine-ground post (Figure 5).
1. Nut 3. Engine ground post 2. Ring terminal
3 Installing the Proximity Switches
Parts needed for this procedure: 1 Mount plate
1 Linkage plate
2 Proximity Switch
2 Bolt (3/8 x 1-1/4 inches)
2 Flange nut (3/8 inch)
1 Sensor bracket
Installing the Proximity Switch Under the Machine 1. Under the left side of the machine, remove the existing
2 bolts, 2 washers, and 2 nuts from the traction-drive centering mechanism (Figure 6).
Note: Discard the hardware.
1. Remove existing hardware from here.
5. Hex nut
2. Flange nut (3/8 inch) 6. Washer 3. Sensor-mount bracket 7. Proximity switch 4. Bolt (3/8 x 1-1/4 inches)
2. Use the 2 hex nuts and 2 washers on the proximity switch to install the proximity switch to the sensor-mount bracket (Figure 6).
Note: Ensure that the end of the proximity switch extends approximately 3.43 cm (1.35 inches) past the sensory basket (Figure 7).
Figure 7 Bottom view
1. Bell-crank pivot 4. Proximity switch extends 3.43 cm (1.35 inch) past the sensor-mount bracket.
2. Proximity switch 5. Gap0.38 cm (0.15 inch) 3. Sensor-mount bracket
3. Install the sensor-mount bracket to the machine (Figure 6).
Note: Ensure that there is a 0.38 cm (0.15 inch) gap between the proximity switch and bell-crank pivot (Figure 7).
Installing the Proximity Switch in the Seat Mount 1. Remove the 2 bolts from the ground-drive-control
lever assembly and the nuts and U-bolt inside the seat mount (Figure 8).
Note: Retain the hardware.
1. Bolt 3. Nut 2. Ground-drive-control lever
assembly 4. U-bolt
2. Lower the ground-drive-control lever assembly below the seat mount (Figure 8).
3. Remove the 2 existing bolts and washers from the ground-drive-control lever assembly shown in Figure 9.
1. Ground-drive-control lever 5. Proximity switch 2. Existing bolt 6. Hex nut 3. Existing washer 7. Washer 4. Mount plate
4. Apply thread locker to the bolts and install the mount plate to the lever assembly using the bolts and washers (Figure 9).
5. Use the 2 hex nuts and 2 washers on the proximity switch to install the proximity switch to the plate mount (Figure 9).
Note: Ensure that the end of proximity switch extends 1.78 cm (0.70 inch) past the mount plate (Figure 10).
Figure 10 Bottom view
1. Linkage plate 4. Proximity switch extends 1.78 cm (0.70 inch) past mount plate.
2. Mount plate 5. Gap0.38 cm (0.15 inch) 3. Proximity switch
6. Remove the 2 bolts shown in Figure 11.
1. Proximity switch 3. Bolt 2. Linkage plate
7. Apply thread locker to the bolts and use them to install the linkage plate (Figure 11).
Note: Ensure that there is a 0.38 cm (0.15 inch) gap between the linkage plate and the proximity switch (Figure 10).
8. Install the ground-drive-control assembly in the seat mount (Figure 8).
9. Secure the ground-drive-control cable using the U-bolt and 2 bolts removed previously (Figure 8).
10. Torque the bolts to 65 N-m (48 ft-lb)
4 Installing the Alarm Parts needed for this procedure:
1 Back-up alarm
2 Nut (M6)
1 Locknut (M8)
1 Alarm bracket
2 Bolt (M6)
1 Bolt (M8)
Procedure 1. On the left rear side of the machine, remove the
existing bolt and locknut.
Note: Retain the hardware. 2. Install the alarm as shown in Figure 12.
1. Existing locknut 5. Alarm bracket 2. Nut (M6) 6. Existing bolt 3. Locknut (M8) 7. Bolt (M6) 4. Back-up larm 8. Bolt (M8)
5 Routing the Wiring Harness
Parts needed for this procedure: 2 Clamp
6 Cable tie
Procedure 1. Under the back of the seat, remove the existing bolt
and use it to install one clamp (Figure 13).
2. On the rear bulkhead, remove the exiting bolt and use it to install the other clamp (Figure 13).
1. Bolt 3. Back of seat 2. Clamp 4. Rear bulkhead
3. Starting from the relay, route the wiring harness along the machine frame (Figure 14).
1. Relay 4. Connector for proximity switch in the seat mount
2. Connector for proximity switch under the machine
5. Clamp on rear bulkhead
3. Back-up alarm 6. Clamp under the seat
4. Connect the first connector that branches from the wiring harness to the proximity switch under the machine (Figure 14).
5. Route the loose end of the wiring harness with the ring terminals under the ROPS bracket (Figure 15).
1. Wiring harness 3. Negative post and black wire
2. Positive post and gray wire
6. Connect the ring terminal of the gray wire to the positive (top) post of the back-up alarm and connect the ring terminal of the black wire to the negative (bottom) post (Figure 15).
7. Route the remaining loose end between the ROPS bracket and rear bulkhead, through the clamps on the rear bulkhead, and then underneath the seat (Figure 15).
8. Install the connector to the proximity switch in the seat mount (Figure 14).
9. Secure the wiring harness to the traction unit with the cable ties.
Note: Ensure that the wiring harness will not interfere with any moving parts and will not contact parts of the machine that will get hot.
10. Install the kick panel (Figure 1).
11. Install the right side panel. Refer to your Operators Manual.
6 Checking the Alarm
No Parts Required
Procedure Note: Check the alarm each time before operating the machine.
1. Turn the ignition key to ON, but do not start the machine.
2. Push the traction pedal to the REVERSE position.
3. Move the traction joystick in the REVERSE direction and confirm that the alarm sounds.
4. Return the traction pedal to neutral and confir
If you want to find out how the RT600 Toro works, you can view and download the Toro RT600 25428 Alarm Kit Installation Instructions on the Manualsnet website.
Yes, we have the Installation Instructions for Toro RT600 as well as other Toro manuals. All you need to do is to use our search bar and find the user manual that you are looking for.
The Installation Instructions should include all the details that are needed to use a Toro RT600. Full manuals and user guide PDFs can be downloaded from Manualsnet.com.
The best way to navigate the Toro RT600 25428 Alarm Kit Installation Instructions is by checking the Table of Contents at the top of the page where available. This allows you to navigate a manual by jumping to the section you are looking for.
This Toro RT600 25428 Alarm Kit Installation Instructions consists of sections like Table of Contents, to name a few. For easier navigation, use the Table of Contents in the upper left corner.
You can download Toro RT600 25428 Alarm Kit Installation Instructions free of charge simply by clicking the “download” button in the upper right corner of any manuals page. This feature allows you to download any manual in a couple of seconds and is generally in PDF format. You can also save a manual for later by adding it to your saved documents in the user profile.
To be able to print Toro RT600 25428 Alarm Kit Installation Instructions, simply download the document to your computer. Once downloaded, open the PDF file and print the Toro RT600 25428 Alarm Kit Installation Instructions as you would any other document. This can usually be achieved by clicking on “File” and then “Print” from the menu bar.