Summary of Content for Epson B12B808393 User's Manual PDF
Using Optional Equipment 61
Network Image Express Interface Card
This section explains how to install the optional Network Image Express interface card (B12B808393) in your scanner.
Setting Up Client Computers
Before connecting the scanner to your network, make sure any computer you want to use for scanning is set up properly. Check that:
an Ethernet network card is installed in the computer
the computer is configured to use the TCP/IP network protocol
your scanner software is installed (see the Start Here sheet for instructions)
For instructions on installing your computers card, see the manual that came with the card. For instructions on setting up TCP/IP, see your computers manual or online help.
Installing the Card in Your Scanner
1. Turn off the scanner and disconnect the power cord and any cables.
2. Remove the two screws securing the shield plate to the scanners optional interface slot, and then remove the plate. Keep the screws and shield plate in case you want to reinstall them later.
3. Fully insert the Network Image Express card in the slot, and tighten its screws.
Caution: Do not insert the card with the scanner turned on, or you could damage the card or the scanner.
10000XL.book Page 61 Friday, June 4, 2004 1:57 PM
62 Using Optional Equipment
4. Plug in the scanner and reconnect its cables.
5. Initialize the card by holding down its RESET button (to the right of the connector) while you turn on the scanner. Continue holding down the button for about 10 seconds, until the cards red and green lights (to the left of the connector) turn on.
Now youre ready to connect the scanner to your network.
Connecting the Scanner to Your Network
1. Turn off the scanner.
2. Connect an Ethernet cable (Category 5 unshielded twisted-pair) to the RJ-45 jack on the card, and then connect the other end to a hub on your network.
Note: To prevent corruption of scanned data, you must use a Category 5 cable. Do not connect the scanner directly to your computer; instead, connect it to the network through an existing hub.
3. Turn on the scanner.
4. Check the lights on the card. Initialization is in progress wh
If you want to find out how the B12B808393 Epson works, you can view and download the Epson B12B808393 User's Manual on the Manualsnet website.
Yes, we have the User's Manual for Epson B12B808393 as well as other Epson manuals. All you need to do is to use our search bar and find the user manual that you are looking for.
The User's Manual should include all the details that are needed to use a Epson B12B808393. Full manuals and user guide PDFs can be downloaded from Manualsnet.com.
The best way to navigate the Epson B12B808393 User's Manual is by checking the Table of Contents at the top of the page where available. This allows you to navigate a manual by jumping to the section you are looking for.
This Epson B12B808393 User's Manual consists of sections like Table of Contents, to name a few. For easier navigation, use the Table of Contents in the upper left corner.
You can download Epson B12B808393 User's Manual free of charge simply by clicking the “download” button in the upper right corner of any manuals page. This feature allows you to download any manual in a couple of seconds and is generally in PDF format. You can also save a manual for later by adding it to your saved documents in the user profile.
To be able to print Epson B12B808393 User's Manual, simply download the document to your computer. Once downloaded, open the PDF file and print the Epson B12B808393 User's Manual as you would any other document. This can usually be achieved by clicking on “File” and then “Print” from the menu bar.